"To preserve the reputation of the Fraternity unsullied must be your constant care."

BE A FREEMASON

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Masonic Music of the 18th Century


My culture for the evening. I just downloaded from iTunes Musiques rituelles maconniques du 18ème siècle ('Masonic ritual music from the 18th century'), conducted by Roger Cotte.

It includes:

• Le Déluge - Rituel maconnique funèbre by François Giroust
• Mozart's Masonic compositions
• Marche Maconnique and Opferjed by Ludwig van Beetheoven
• Maureelied (En l'honneur du roi Fredéric-Guillaume III du Prusse) by Freidrich-Heinrich Himmel
• Marche maconnique funèbre by Henri-Joseph-Taskin

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this! I'm considering doing a graduate paper on Masonic music, and this just inched me a little closer to the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this lp on ebay a few years ago. Giroust was a fine composer who wrote a great Mass as well. Who says Catholics can't be Freemasons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Peter

    The Catholic Church LOL

    ReplyDelete

ATTENTION!
SIGN YOUR NAME OR OTHERWISE IDENTIFY YOURSELF IN YOUR COMMENT POSTS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A GOOGLE ACCOUNT.
Your comments will not appear immediately because I am forced to laboriously screen every post. I'm constantly bombarded with spam. Depending on the comments being made, anonymous postings on Masonic topics may be regarded with the same status as cowans and eavesdroppers, as far as I am concerned. If you post with an unknown or anonymous account, do not automatically expect to see your comment appear.