"To preserve the reputation of the Fraternity unsullied must be your constant care."

BE A FREEMASON

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Dan Brown's Lost Symbol Paperback Released Today In U.K.

Dan Brown's novel, The Lost Symbol, has been released in the U.K. today in paperback.

Anchor Books will not release the U.S. paperback edition until October 19th, with 4 million copies, priced at $9.99.

On November 2nd, Doubleday will publish The Lost Symbol Special Illustrated Edition (right), a $35 hardcover.

Meanwhile, Hollywood sources are still saying the movie adaptation is due in theaters in 2012, again featuring Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon.

Lodges and Grand Lodges need to keep these dates in mind for open houses and other events, as well as being on the lookout for new interest growing in the fraternity.


2 comments:

  1. I purchased an eBook of "The Lost Symbol" and managed to read it on my iPod Touch. (Yes, I know I am a glutton for punishment, but it actually held my attention.) When it comes stateside, I'll probably get a paperback copy for my wife to read so she can learn once and for all what we Freemasons are all about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to TheBookseller.com, last week's release of the UK paperback edition of The Lost Symbol sold a massive 118,230 copies in just three days—the biggest ever first-week sale of any paperback novel. That's works out to 27 copies per minute.

    ReplyDelete

ATTENTION!
SIGN YOUR NAME OR OTHERWISE IDENTIFY YOURSELF IN YOUR COMMENT POSTS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A GOOGLE ACCOUNT.
Your comments will not appear immediately because I am forced to laboriously screen every post. I'm constantly bombarded with spam. Depending on the comments being made, anonymous postings on Masonic topics may be regarded with the same status as cowans and eavesdroppers, as far as I am concerned. If you post with an unknown or anonymous account, do not automatically expect to see your comment appear.