"To preserve the reputation of the Fraternity unsullied must be your constant care."

BE A FREEMASON

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Thanks to Affinity Mktg & Conference of Grand Masters


Utah's John Liley and me on Monday morning.

I want to thank Chas Pierro, Max Tatum, and everyone at Affinity Marketing Associates in Radnor, Pennsylvania for inviting me to speak at their breakfast at the 2010 Conference of Grand Master Masons in North America this past Sunday in Arlington, Virginia. It was a privilege to be able to address such a distinguished group, and I appreciated all of the kind comments afterwards from so many brethren.

Thanks to those of you who stopped by my table and chatted.

I promised several of you a shortened transcript of my remarks. When I get back into town next week, I will do that. Pester me.

I had wanted to attend the Monday festivities at the George Washington Masonic Memorial (see William Baumbach's online gallery of photos), and I apologize to anyone who figured I beat it out of town without bothering to say goodbye. I was honestly not being rude. But travel, weather worries and an unanticipated nap forced me to hit the road without properly thanking many of you for your kindness and hospitality.

Naturally a little rain and rush hour made the first 37 miles take two hours to slog through. Traffic was so miserable that I stopped at a Japanese restaurant in Germantown.

Sort of an Axis powers dinner.

An hour later, you're hungry for power again.*


*Hat tip to Jim Landerkin for the gag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ATTENTION!
SIGN YOUR NAME OR OTHERWISE IDENTIFY YOURSELF IN YOUR COMMENT POSTS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A GOOGLE ACCOUNT.
Your comments will not appear immediately because I am forced to laboriously screen every post. I'm constantly bombarded with spam. Depending on the comments being made, anonymous postings on Masonic topics may be regarded with the same status as cowans and eavesdroppers, as far as I am concerned. If you post with an unknown or anonymous account, do not automatically expect to see your comment appear.