The gift giving holidays will be upon us sooner than you think, so to get a head start on your wish list, the Scottish Rite Journal's September/October 2010 issue will help. Jim Tresnor's usual book review column in this issue features lists by "some of the most respected and best qualified Masonic Librarians" of up to five books as their top picks for general Masonic study, and another five books for deeper study. I'm gratified to see that Freemasons For Dummies made several of them, along with S. Brent Morris' Complete Idiot's Guide to Freemasonry.
The lists were compiled by:
• Bro. Thomas M. Savini, Director of the Chancellor Robert R. Livingston Masonic Library of the Grand Lodge of New York
• Bro. Mark A. Tabbert, Director of Collections at the Library of the George Washington Masonic Memorial
• M.W. Richard E. Fletcher, Executive Secretary, Masonic Service Association of North America
• Bro. Bill Krueger, Librarian of the Library of the Grand Lodge of Iowa
• Ms. Larissa Watkins, Assistant Librarian at the House of the Temple Library in Washington, D.C.
Have a look at their excellent suggestions here.