by Christopher HodappNothing momentous with this post. Just memorializing a lunchtime gathering last week of a Dummy, a visiting Idiot, and our Hoosier pals.
I'm 63 years old. I have to post these things in lieu of having an actual memory.
Left to right:
- Nathan Brindle, Past Master of Broad Ripple 643, former Secretary of more lodges and other Masonic groups than I can possibly recall, PM of the Dwight L. Smith Lodge of Research, and the Secretary of the Masonic Society;
- S. Brent Morris, celebrated brainbox, recently retired editor of Heredom and the Scottish Rite Journal, resurrectionist of the Masonic Book Club, and author of The Complete Idiot's Guide To Freemasonry, along with many, many other books and articles too numerous to recollect;
- Heather Calloway, Executive Director of Collections for the entire Indiana University system, longtime House of the Temple curator, board member of the J. H. Rathbone Museum of Fraternal History in Lafayette, Indiana, and head of the newly established Center for Fraternal Collections & Research (CFCR).
- Roger VanGorden, Past Grand Master of the Grand Lodge F&AM of Indiana, founding President of the Masonic Society, and member of the Masonic Renewal Committee of the Conference of Grand Masters;
- David Hosler, Worshipful Master of Battle Ground Lodge 313 and one of the hardest workin' Masons in Indiana;
- Some bedraggled-looking Masonic Dummy, author, and editor emeritus of the Journal of the Masonic Society (who apparently combs his hair with a fork);
- John Bridegroom, Junior Grand Deacon of the GL F&AM of Indiana, Past GM of the Cryptic Masons, designer and proprietor of The Masters Craft, and art director of the Journal of the Masonic Society;
- Jim Dillman, Past Master of Lodge Vitruvian 767, former president of the Indianapolis Masonic Temple Association, and Past President of the Masonic Society;
- Jeff Naylor, founding Master of Lodge Vitruvian 767 and Knight of the North.
Just remember: there is no cabal.