"To preserve the reputation of the Fraternity unsullied must be your constant care."

BE A FREEMASON

Thursday, June 06, 2019

Speaking at Spes Novum Lodge in Chicago 6/7



After months of rearranging, canceling, rescheduling and much general mucking about on my part, I am at long last going to be traveling to Chicago and speaking to the brethren of Spes Novum Lodge tomorrow evening - Friday, June 7th. Many thanks to Brother Robert Johnson for his kind invitation.

Granted dispensation in 2017 and chartered by the Grand lodge of Illinois, Spes Novum is a different kind of lodge, one that values education and makes it a centerpiece to all of their meetings. 



With that in mind, I chose to ignore their guideline to speak about charity this month. Because it's June and the Feast of St. John will be sneaking up on us in a couple of weeks, I will instead be exploring the endless range of symbolic concepts to be found jam packed into one of the simplest symbols we find in Masonic ritual: the lowly point within a circle, with its parallel lines.

Why they'd want a Dummy to address them, I can't imagine. Perhaps in deference to my age. 

And that I'm only a tank of gas away.

For more information about visiting Spes Novum Lodge, see their website at www.spesnovum.com and contact their Secretary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ATTENTION!
SIGN YOUR NAME OR OTHERWISE IDENTIFY YOURSELF IN YOUR COMMENT POSTS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A GOOGLE ACCOUNT.
Your comments will not appear immediately because I am forced to laboriously screen every post. I'm constantly bombarded with spam. Depending on the comments being made, anonymous postings on Masonic topics may be regarded with the same status as cowans and eavesdroppers, as far as I am concerned. If you post with an unknown or anonymous account, do not automatically expect to see your comment appear.