Founded in 2001, the Masonic Restoration Foundation is an educational organization that provides news, research, and analysis relating to the rich heritage in Freemasonry and current trends in the North American Masonic experience.
"We believe the focus on a quality fraternal, educational and social experience for each individual Mason determines the uniqueness and effectiveness of the lodge. And its potential power rests in this—such a place does not exist anywhere else in the world.
"To assist in creating such a culture, and to experience it in lodge after lodge, within Grand Jurisdiction after Grand Jurisdiction, is the mission of the Masonic Restoration Foundation." - MRF Statement of PurposesThe MRF was organized to identify and distribute, through its research, the time-tested cultural and fraternal Masonic practices that have proven successful in the historical repertoire of Masonic experience. The focus of the MRF is to promote the characteristics which form the best lodge meetings, fraternal and social practices across the Masonic landscape, while preserving Freemasonry’s landmarks and upholding its identity as a transformative art.
If you've never visited John Bizzack, Cameron Poe and the other brethren of Lexington Lodge before, aren't aware of their lodge's historic significance in the expansion of American Freemasonry into the West, or just have never seen the sort of programming they consistently provide for their members, this would be an outstanding opportunity to come to this beautiful part of the country for the weekend.
Featured speakers and panelists in August will include:
- John W. Bizzack, author of Island Freemasonry, WM Lexington Lodge 1
- Douglas L. Caudle, PGM Grand Lodge of North Carolina
- John D. Cissell, GJD Grand Lodge of Kentucky
- Patrick Craddock, Craftsman's Apron and current president of the Masonic Society
- Andrew Hammer, author of Observing the Craft and MRF President
- Dan Kemble, WM William O. Ware Lodge of Research, Covington, KY
- Chris Murphy, PM, Fibonacci Lodge No. 112, South Royalton, VT
- Cameron Poe, SW Lexington Lodge 1
- Robert Pollock, JW Harmony Lodge No. 8, Urbana, Ohio
- Mikel Stoops, GSW Grand Lodge of Kansas
For the complete program, lodging information, registration and more, visit the MRF Symposium website HERE.