"To preserve the reputation of the Fraternity unsullied must be your constant care."

BE A FREEMASON

Monday, January 15, 2018

New Book: "Heritage Endures"


Saturday, January 13th, 2018 was officially Founders' Day for the Grand Lodge of Indiana, kicking off our Bicentennial year. Thank you to all who braved the snow and ice from Friday night's shifting weather patterns and made it. I had a double honor for this event. I was asked to speak to the 800+ members at the Scottish Rite Cathedral that morning, and my new book was officially released. 

Heritage Endures: Perspectives On 200 Years of Indiana Freemasonry is finally real, it's in print, and is available—but only in limited quantities right at the moment. The printer didn't fulfill the whole order we placed back in November, and by the end of the day, the Grand Lodge only had about 40 copies left.

Because of that shortfall, the Grand Secretary's office isn't widely pushing sales just yet until we can get another delivery. And because we didn't have a physical book in hand until Friday evening, we haven't opened up mail or online orders yet. As soon as all of that gets solved, I'll shamelessly plug it with my usual brazen tubthumping behavior. The cover price if you buy it in person from me or at the office in Indianapolis is $25, and I'll know shipping costs in the next few days once the Post Office reopens. 

Just so you know, it will not be immediately available on Amazon, as it is a Grand Lodge publication. That will happen eventually.

Grand photographer Steve Kroman snapped me looking "emphatic" 
(although I'll swear I look more like I was singing "Glücklich ist, wer vergisst" 
from Die Fledermaus than anything else).

No comments:

Post a Comment

ATTENTION!
SIGN YOUR NAME OR OTHERWISE IDENTIFY YOURSELF IN YOUR COMMENT POSTS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A GOOGLE ACCOUNT.
Your comments will not appear immediately because I am forced to laboriously screen every post. I'm constantly bombarded with spam. Depending on the comments being made, anonymous postings on Masonic topics may be regarded with the same status as cowans and eavesdroppers, as far as I am concerned. If you post with an unknown or anonymous account, do not automatically expect to see your comment appear.