"To preserve the reputation of the Fraternity unsullied must be your constant care."

BE A FREEMASON

Saturday, November 15, 2008

DeMolay Legion of Honor


On November 14th, 2008 in the Raper Commandery Asylum of Freemasons' Hall, DeMolay International invested 22 new members with membership in the Legion of Honor for distinguished leadership in the Order of DeMolay, or in the community at large.


New Active members of the Legion are:

Michael Joseph Baber of Indianapolis
David Belcher of Evansville
Arthur Bruce Borton of Indianapolis
Brian Scott DuBois of Evansville
Jonathon Robert Elrod of Indianapolis
Brian W. Green of Indianapolis
Timothy Jay Hopewell of Camby
Jeffery Scott Karnes of Indianapolis
Matthew McClelland of Warsaw
Roger McNeil of Evansville
Michael Andrew West of Boonville
Dale Edward Wheatley of Indianapolis

New Honorary Members of the Legion are:

Gary Eugene Brinley of Bloomington
Michael W. Klepper of Morristown
W.Kris Phillips of Greencastle
Randolph L. Seiple of Greencastle
Gary A.Snyder of Bringhurst
Kent Watts of Indianapolis
Charles Dwight Wood, Jr. of Indianapolis
Most Worshipful Jeffery P. Zaring of Fishers, Grand Master of Indiana F&AM

And me. I am truly humbled by this completely unexpected honor. I do not come from a Masonic family, and I never had the opportunity to join DeMolay as a young man. So I was honestly astonished to receive a letter informing me that I was nominated for the LOH. I am so impressed by the young men of DeMolay and by the organization, and it was fantastic to see so many familiar faces of Masons who support them at this event. I was also happily surprised to see even the balcony of the Asylum filled. The investiture ceremony was moving, and beautifully performed by the officers.

DeMolay is an outstanding organization, and along with Rainbow and Job's Daughters, they provide fun and leadership skills and friendships for young people that last a lifetime. And I am so proud to be associated with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ATTENTION!
SIGN YOUR NAME OR OTHERWISE IDENTIFY YOURSELF IN YOUR COMMENT POSTS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A GOOGLE ACCOUNT.
Your comments will not appear immediately because I am forced to laboriously screen every post. I'm constantly bombarded with spam. Depending on the comments being made, anonymous postings on Masonic topics may be regarded with the same status as cowans and eavesdroppers, as far as I am concerned. If you post with an unknown or anonymous account, do not automatically expect to see your comment appear.