Wednesday, July 11, 2007

MWB:. Robert A. Drury, GM of Alberta, Passes Away

I read with great sadness of the sudden and very unexpected passing today of Most Worshipful Brother Robert A. Drury, the Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Alberta. He had traveled to Toronto to visit his family before heading for the GL of Ontario's annual communication, and passed to the Grand Lodge Above while having breakfast with his brother and his wife Lorraine.

My deepest condolences to his wife and family, and to the thousands of brethren of Alberta who must be devastated by this sudden loss of their friend, brother and Grand Master.

2 comments:

hatrock said...

Thank you for those kind words, Chris. I know you remember him from your well-received talk in Edmonton back in October and how he, as Deputy Grand Master, stood up on behalf of Grand Lodge and said, "BRETHREN, THIS IS WHAT MASONRY IS ALL ABOUT!"

I'll never forget it. I'll never forget him.

Tracy Miller said...

Hi Chris,
My name is Tracy Miller. I work at the Freemasons Hall in Edmonton, Alberta. I had the pleasure of meeting you back in October/06 when you and a few of your Brothers came by the hall one evening.
Thank you for your kind words for Bob Drury. I only knew Bob a short time but I will never forget him. He always had a good joke, a beautiful smile and a twinkle in his eyes. He is going to be greatly missed by many people. My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and family.