"To preserve the reputation of the Fraternity unsullied must be your constant care."

BE A FREEMASON

Sunday, January 28, 2007

AASR Valley of Cincinnati and the Brethren of Ohio


Many thanks to the kind brethren of the Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite Valley of Cincinnati and their warm welcome yesterday at their "Rite reps" meeting. It was great to meet so many brothers and new friends. It was especially good to see Most Worshipful Brother Michael Himes, Grand Master of Ohio, again. GM Himes took me on a whirlwind tour of the Cincinnati Masonic center, showing me their beautiful auditorium and their unique and magnificent lodge rooms. If you get the chance, be sure to visit a lodge there. They have an outstanding, well-maintained and beautiful building of which they are justifiable proud. Thanks Mike.

I had an unusual thing happen after giving my speech. As I was signing books afterwards, Brother Vic T. came up to me and (I'm paraphrasing here) basically said, 'your speech was great, but all you did was tell us what NOT to do. How do you do things to actually make lodges better?" So, the brethren allowed me to stand up during lunch and throw out ideas that worked for us at Broad Ripple Lodge, along with our philosophy at Lodge Vitruvian.

Maybe they can work for you. Thanks, Vic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ATTENTION!
SIGN YOUR NAME OR OTHERWISE IDENTIFY YOURSELF IN YOUR COMMENT POSTS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A GOOGLE ACCOUNT.
Your comments will not appear immediately because I am forced to laboriously screen every post. I'm constantly bombarded with spam. Depending on the comments being made, anonymous postings on Masonic topics may be regarded with the same status as cowans and eavesdroppers, as far as I am concerned. If you post with an unknown or anonymous account, do not automatically expect to see your comment appear.