"To preserve the reputation of the Fraternity unsullied must be your constant care."

BE A FREEMASON

Thursday, September 07, 2006

MY FRIEND AND BROTHER DAVID BOSWORTH

I just received the news that my friend and brother, Worshipful Brother David W. Bosworth, PM died of a heart attack this morning.

My heart goes out to his wife Ann, his daughter Sheila, and his son Guy.

David was a Past Master of Calvin W, Prather Lodge No. 717 in Indianapolis, a member of my own Lodge Vitruvian No. 767, and Masonic bodies far too numerous to mention. He was the Master of the Dwight L. Smith Lodge of Research, and the Vice-President of the York Minster Philalethes Chapter. For many years, he was a regular contributor to the Philalethes Society's email list, until his health began to rapidly fail about two years ago.

David was one of the first Masons I ever met just prior to joining the fraternity, and I always valued his humor, his thoughtfulness and his advice. He was truly a larger than life figure, and he will be sorely missed. Farewell, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ATTENTION!
SIGN YOUR NAME OR OTHERWISE IDENTIFY YOURSELF IN YOUR COMMENT POSTS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A GOOGLE ACCOUNT.
Your comments will not appear immediately because I am forced to laboriously screen every post. I'm constantly bombarded with spam. Depending on the comments being made, anonymous postings on Masonic topics may be regarded with the same status as cowans and eavesdroppers, as far as I am concerned. If you post with an unknown or anonymous account, do not automatically expect to see your comment appear.