"To preserve the reputation of the Fraternity unsullied must be your constant care."

BE A FREEMASON

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Speaking at Rocky Mountain Masonic Conference, 7/15-17 in Albuquerque


I regularly tell anyone who will listen that I consider myself one of the luckiest guys in Freemasonry, to be given the opportunity to travel and speak to brethren literally all around the world. On occasion, I get to be in the company of men whose works influenced my own writing and thoughts, and I find myself truly humbled. It just so happens I get to do it twice in one week this month. Monday. I'll be at Maggie Valley, NC for their York Rite gathering. Alice, Wiley and I drive home Tuesday, and I fly out Thursday for the Rocky Mountain Masonic Conference in Albuquerque, New Mexico, July 15-17th, 2010.

The hotel is the Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North.

This annual event stresses what is positive and working in its member jurisdictions, a philosophy that is reinforced by the program's scheduled presentations. Regardless of the grand officers who may be in attendance, no lavish bling is allowed, dress is strictly casual, and the object is to share ideas. Guest speakers scheduled are Art de Hoyos, Neil Neddermeyer (PGM of Minnesota, and now North Dakota's Grand Orator), Arizona PGM Rex Hutchens, and myself.

Many thanks to Nate Calloway (and his sister Heather) for extending the kind invitation.

Rex and I will be easy to spot. We'll be out behind the hotel smacking each other with copies of The Lost Symbol.

The Conference will conclude Saturday afternoon. That evening of the 17th, the Masonic Society's 2nd Circle for New Mexico will hold its first meeting over a Festive Board at 7 p.m., either at the Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North or at a nearby restaurant. I am looking forward to meeting TMS members! For more information, contact New Mexico Second Circle chairman, WBro. Ken Davis at kennethwdavis@mac.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

ATTENTION!
SIGN YOUR NAME OR OTHERWISE IDENTIFY YOURSELF IN YOUR COMMENT POSTS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A GOOGLE ACCOUNT.
Your comments will not appear immediately because I am forced to laboriously screen every post. I'm constantly bombarded with spam. Depending on the comments being made, anonymous postings on Masonic topics may be regarded with the same status as cowans and eavesdroppers, as far as I am concerned. If you post with an unknown or anonymous account, do not automatically expect to see your comment appear.