Traditional Observance Lodge/European Concept Lodge Symposium
The Gentleman, the Scholar, and the Mystic:
Exploring Modern Masonic Practices in North America
Mount Zion Lodge #266, A. F. and A. M. of Kansas
Friday, April 15-Sunday, April 17, 2010
Topeka, Kansas, USA
$175 --- Early Registration (Through December 1):
$200 --- Regular Registration (December 2-February 1):
$240 --- Late Registrations
(includes registration, materials and standard meals.)
Holiday Inn Topeka-West
605 FAIRLAWN RD
TOPEKA, KS 66606
Conference rate: $79/night + taxes.
Schedule is under development but promises excellent keynotes, presentations and roundtables from a variety of perspectives. Though there may be some profane speakers when relevant to the topic at had, registration is limited to Master Masons in amity with the Grand Lodge of Kansas. A dues card must be shown upon arrival.
Abstracts of proposals for presentations must be submitted by November 1. If you would like information on how to prepare a submission for presentation, please contact me.
Those who have an interest in attending are asked to fill out the questionairre at this location:
- The development of modern and progressive changes to Freemasonry in North America, including its underlying causes.
- Sociological challenges facing Freemasonry in North America today.
- Governance and administration issues and solutions for Lodges adopting new practices.
- The rebirth and importance of the philosophical and spiritual aspects of Freemasonry.
- European Masonry reconciled with European Concept Masonry in form and practice.
- Transcendent traditions in Freemasonry and their place in Modern American Masonic Practice.